Sunday, July 13, 2008

How old are you now?

My birthday. Someone asked me if I would keep my years a secret.

I do have two friends who positively refuse to let anyone know their birthday. I guess they feel that they will feel uncomfortable around people who are younger or will be put away on a shelf if they are too "old". One of them has different ages on everything. On her license, children's forms etc. It is so bad that she even lied on the insurance forms. Her husband says if she dies first he may get nothing. I mean, if you say Happy Birthday, she gets hysterical.

I think that age is a state of mind. Plus I wouldn't really wish away time--it is so precious.

Having said that, I am not beyond counting backwards....

One of the most interesting cards I saw asked, "If you didn't know the year you were born, what age would you be?"

No comments: