Monday, March 31, 2008

Next Quarter

Here we go again, get up, go to the bathroom and step on the scale. It is Monday morning and the "diet" begins. Plus it is the beginning of a new quarter of the year and I had a made an (ahem) resolution to lose a lot in the first quarter.

While I am not sure what got me this way, there is one thing I know for sure.
I know that it is not about the food. It is definitely about behavior modification. I started watching this guy on the Learning Channel who says he can make you lose weight. I also bought a book. by Dr. Shapiro which is kind of a picture book of choices. It is very eye opening!!!

So, I guess I will try try again. What precipitated this? I was serving smoothies at a school breakfast and all the moms were beautiful and also half my size. Some were clearly too small, vying for their 14 year old daughter's jeans could be an option. The rest were just very tiny. I wonder if they eat at all!

I also want to be healthy. I want to be able to beat my friend T up the hill when we cycle in a couple of months. We usually bike about 30 miles but she always beats me up the hills! Darn it.
Really I am exasperated with myself. It is time to wake up when you have to spend 15 minutes figuring out what you will fit into rather than what you want to wear.

When it comes right down to it--I guess you just have to flip the switch. That's it. The light is on.

2 comments:

salinda said...

That's a great commitment! Here's to health, feeling better, and great clothes.

Magpie said...

Good luck. I need to join your crusade.