Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Office of Intergovernmental Affairs

I haven't written in my blog since January and I do not want to let the New Year go by without a true attempt to do this. Of course if I could write like maggpiemusing, (she dreamily thinks....). Anyhow, hard reality has hit NYC. We have gotten a million calls from people at Bear Stearns looking for work. I kept thinking, omg, I hope their windows don't open. The beautiful building that rose above us and showed such promise has been raffled off. If I had the hang of this blog stuff I would link here to www.dealbreaker.com where Bess Levin has written some raunchy but hillarious posts about Bear, Spitzer and all of the other NYC nonsense.

So what on earth is the title of this blog and why? Well in NYC, you just can not make this stuff up!!! We now have a new Governor. He is African American, and blind, and apparently a very randy guy. In fact, the comments from everyone in our office have to do with the fact that the woman of the affair looks much like his wife. One can only imagine the jokes on Wall Street. And here we are on another week with another phillandering politician, who may or may not have used state funds. Another week with a wife, dutifully by his side, at a press conference.

The punchline is hillarious though. At least the woman in question is not employed by an interstate prostitution ring. You guessed it---she works in the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs!!!!

1 comment:

Magpie said...

I missed that. Well, not the Paterson reveal, but where she worked.

Linking is easy. I'll teach you.