Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Eyes Have It

Something about the eye of a human or an animal is really special. Someone said that the eyes are "the windows of the soul". It does seem that way to me. I can usually look into someone's eyes and get a sense of who they are. Are they wary, or open? Are they warm or cold, dead eyes? As a headhunter the eyes call tell you a lot. Very few people can make direct and steady eye contact when they are lying. Many people can't make eye contact at all. Sometimes this is a telling part of their temperament. It affects the jobs they take and the type of environment they like to be part of.

In any case, the eyes are a window in and a window out. One of the worst things imaginable to me would be to be rendered blind. I hope that never happens to me or to any one that I love. I love to see the light in the morning and to see nature's beauty. I can not imagine a life dimmed without sight.

Today, my son B was playing outside and let his baseball bat slip out of his hands. As luck would have it, our beautiful chocolate lab was standing not far away and got hit in the eye by the bat. It was horrible. My amazing husband rushed him to the vet and we had to stay behind because our son has a project due and had a friend on his way over to do it. Luckily, our dog will need only some stitches to his eyelid tomorrow morning, from a dog opthamologist. Personally, I think there may still be something wrong with his eye. I am still worried but I can't let my sons know. They would be heart broken.

This dog has the most beautiful eyes. They are the color of mink with a yellowish tinge. They were part of how we chose him as a pup. They show such emotion. You can tell when he is tired or happy. We love this dog and hope he lives a long and happy life, with both of his beautiful eyes.

2 comments:

KathyLikesPink said...

Oh, I pray his eye is okay! I hope you will keep us postd on the outcome.

helensw5 said...

Didn't know he hurt his eye! How is he now?