Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rhythm

I lost the beat there for a while and stopped writing. I guess I thought no one out there is reading because no one EVER POSTS! All you have to do is hit the post button guys! Anyhow, one of my fab friends SP, mentioned the blog to our cantor. I suppose I don't mind if she reads my post about my "fight" with the Rabbi. HMMMM. Could be funny.

Anyhow, speaking of rhythm I actually got to dance today. And with my older son, who is the shyest member of our family. He looked so handsome and he actually danced with me! I can't believe it. My youngest is usually more of the dancer.

Back at the Bat Mitzvah I was thinking about all the big celebrations of our lives, of Shabbat, that every week we mark time. the rhythms of waking and praying, of celebrating birth (of my new grand niece Victoria), coming of age (the Bat Mitzvah), marriage (my parents 50th anniversary), death (m's grand mom) and all the other circle of life kind of things. Hey graduations is this weekend too. Some happy, some sad. All part of the rhythm of our lives. Corny but true.

1 comment:

Magpie said...

Time keeps marching on, it does.