Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Disgusted by the Democrat Spam Machine

OK. I have been waiting on my rants about the elections. But I must say I am completely disgusted. Why does everyone in my town believe that anyone supporting McCain or Palin is a complete moron? Why do they believe they are the only ones "in the know" and they need to "save" the rest of the country? Plus all of my overeducated, over indulged, over media hyped friends honestly believe everything they read on the internet. I actually got an email from someone yesterday, ASKING FOR A BUSINESS REFERRAL, who then started bashing Palin in the email and calling her a bimbo. Give me a break. It was so completely unprofessional and sent to a large group of people. (And she knows I wouldn't necessarily agree!) I was soooo tempted to write back that bimbos in glass houses....

Now, I am a reasonable person and I am always up for hearing a different opinion from someone who actually bothers to read the paper, who might care about the actual facts. This is going to be one white hot election and it is important to consider all the issues.

It is also important to consider both parts ot the ticket--and while the media blitz is currently focused on Palin, I am wondering who is noticing Lehman sinking fast, the dollar, our economy...hello? Who is going to be ready to talk to Putin? Who is going to defend our country?

I am pro choice--which does not mean I am not "pro life" but it does mean I am for the death penalty, for euthanasia, and for abortion in the first trimester and maybe after. I had to have one at 14 or so weeks. It stinks but when you know the fetus you are carrying is not likely to be viable, or if it is, will have no real kind of life--well it should be a free decision in our free society. I also know that Roe v. Wade was a decision pulled out of a paper bag. (If you really read the dissent, it becomes pretty clear.) Being a former lawyer, most people who know "Con Law" all know that the Right to Privacy is not really explicitly stated in the Constitution. Personally, I would like to see an amendment to preserve this right...but barring that....if gosh forbid Roe v. Wade is ever overturned, well it will be up to the states. Anyhow, the odds of all this happening are slim. And the decision of a VP is not going to affect it much.


Here is the copy of an email I got yesterday from the all knowing women of my community.

"To be neutral, to be passive in a situation is to collaborate with whatever is going on"
Howard Zinn

We are writing to you because of the fury and dread we have felt since the announcement of Sarah Palin as the Vice-Presidential candidate for the Republican Party. We believe that this terrible decision has surpassed mere partisanship, and that it is a dangerous farce on the part of a pandering and rudderless Presidential candidate
that has a real possibility of becoming fact.

Perhaps like us, as American women, you share the fear of what Ms. Palin and her professed beliefs and proven record could lead to for ourselves and for our present or future daughters.

To date, she is against sex education, birth control, the pro-choice platform, environmental protection, alternative energy development, freedom of speech (as mayor she wanted to ban books and attempted to fire the librarian who stood against her), gun control, the separation of church and state, and polar bears.

To say nothing of her complete lack of real preparation to become the second-most-powerful person on the planet.


We want to clarify that we are not against Sarah Palin as a woman, a mother, or, for that matter, a parent of a pregnant teenager, but solely as a rash, incompetent, and all together devastating choice for Vice President.

Ms. Palin's political views are in every way a slap in the face to the accomplishments that our mothers and grandmothers and great-grandmothers so fiercely fought for, and that we've so demonstrably benefited from.

First and foremost, Ms. Palin does not represent us. She does not demonstrate or uphold our interests as American women. It is presumed that the inclusion of a woman on the Republican ticket could win over women voters. We want to disagree, publicly.



Well, alrighty then! Maybe you want to check things out yourselves! Even CNN, not a bastion of conservatism, had a huge chunk of time devoted to how ridiculous some of these claims are. And it makes it tougher to sort through what people have actually said and done. Someone I know forwarded me an LA Times article stating Palin is for sex ed and teaching about condoms along side abstinence....but I think I will check it out for myself.



Stay tuned!

3 comments:

salinda said...

I wanted to provide a "debunking" link on this:

RJC link

If you are concerned about "the source" on the last, check out Snopes:

fake quotes
(the above is great because it clearly shows the source of some fake info on Sarah Palin)
banned books

fake photos

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that the Harry Potter books did not even exist prior to her wanting to ban them. She must have a crystal ball which makes her a witch. BURN HER!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I have gotten many of these type of e-mails, especially from my rabid Hillary supporting friends. I finally got fed up and send her a line by line response as to why these spews were just wrong. I can send it to you, but I'm not sure it will help you at this point. Now they are sending out other new propaganda.

For "open-minded liberals" they sure are short on listening to other sides of the story. -- H