Tuesday, June 9, 2009

High School Prom


Ahhhhh Prom. I remember going to mine with all of my friends. How wild it is to send off one's son to prom. That is A above with his date. I don't remember wearing sexy dresses like that, but maybe that is just my memory.
I was thinking back to how my friends and I all went together. We went to something called the "Gambol" which was held in our gym. This was no small affair and the gym was decorated like the set of a movie. In fact, you didn't know it was a gym, except maybe from the lines on the floor. My boyfriend had the post prom party and then we all went to Jones Beach. We "spiked" a watermelon and drank plenty, but then the drinking age was 18. We got to experiment when we were still at home.
Hey magpie, do you remember? Who did you go with?
Now the kids go to a fancy venue and then they head off to the shore or the Hamptons for the weekend. I bet they still experiment plenty but they don't talk about it as much.

1 comment:

Magpie said...

Junior year, I went with Roy - who wore a brown tuxedo.

Senior year, I went with John - who didn't live in town, I imported him from Bronxville.

That's a sweet picture of your boy.